Keywords are the backbone of Amazon’s search algorithm. They help your product become discoverable to shoppers searching for items in your category. Consider this: Amazon has over 350 million products listed. Without the right keywords, your product becomes a needle in a haystack. Effective keyword optimization can boost your product ranking, increase visibility, and ultimately drive more sales.
- Ranking: When shoppers search for a product, Amazon’s algorithm sifts through millions of listings to display the most relevant ones. The higher your product ranks, the more visibility it gets.
- Visibility: Greater visibility means that more potential customers will see your product when they make a relevant search, directly affecting your sales opportunities.
- Conversion: Once customers find your product, effective keyword optimization ensures they find exactly what they were looking for, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
Why Use Helium 10 Frankenstein?
When it comes to Amazon keyword research, one of the most powerful tools at your disposal is Helium 10’s Frankenstein. Here are some reasons why you should consider using this tool:
- Ease of Use: Frankenstein offers a user-friendly interface, making it accessible even for those who are new to Amazon selling.
- Advanced Filters: You can filter keywords based on search volume, competition, and other key metrics, allowing you to focus on the most impactful keywords.
- Competitor Analysis: Frankenstein lets you analyze competitor ASINs to unearth the keywords that are driving their sales.
- Reverse ASIN Lookup: This feature allows you to enter your own ASIN to find out which keywords you’re already ranking for, providing useful insights for optimization.
- Keyword Organization: Frankenstein helps clean up and organize your keyword lists by removing duplicates, correcting misspellings, and sorting keywords by relevance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Helium 10 Frankenstein
1. Access Helium 10 and Navigate to Frankenstein
First, sign in to your Helium 10 account. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to register. Once logged in, find Frankenstein among the suite of tools offered and click to access it.
2. Enter Seed Keywords
Begin by inputting your initial seed keywords related to your product. These serve as a foundation for generating a broad list of potential keywords.
3. Use Filtering Options
Frankenstein offers multiple filtering options, such as search volume and competition level. These filters enable you to zero in on the keywords that are most likely to convert.
4. Analyze Competitor ASINs
Inputting the ASINs of your key competitors allows Frankenstein to extract their top-performing keywords, offering valuable insights.
5. Utilize Reverse ASIN Lookup
This feature lets you identify the keywords your product already ranks for, allowing you to further optimize your listings.
6. Incorporate Keywords
Once you have your list of optimized keywords, it’s time to add them to your Amazon listing title, bullet points, description, and backend search terms.
7. Regular Updates
Keyword trends change over time. Make sure to revisit Frankenstein every quarter to update your keyword strategy.
SIGN UP FOR HELIUM 10
Conducting Amazon Keyword Research
Step 1: Brainstorm a Base List of Keywords
Think about your product in terms of:
- Product Category: Identify the primary and secondary categories that your product falls under.
- Related Terms: Consider synonyms and phrases that a potential buyer might use.
- Product Description: Make a list of features, colors, sizes, and other attributes that define your product.
Step 2: Create an Extended Keyword List
Extend your list by using multiple sources like:
- Amazon Search Bar: Use Amazon’s autocomplete feature for suggestions.
- Reverse ASIN Lookup Tool: To unearth what keywords your competitors are targeting.
- Google Suggested Searches: Google can offer a wider perspective on keywords relevant to your product.
Step 3: Use Frankenstein to Analyze Your Keyword List
Once you have an extended list, import it into Frankenstein. Use the tool’s capabilities to:
- Sort keywords by search volume
- Remove duplicates
- Fix misspellings
Step 4: Sort Keywords
After analysis, categorize your keywords into:
- Primary Keywords: High search volume and relevance; should be included in the title.
- Secondary Keywords: Important but less critical; can be included in bullet points and descriptions.
- Backend Keywords: Not visible to customers but indexed by Amazon; adhere to the 250 bytes limit.
Using Your Keywords Successfully
Start your title with your primary keyword for maximum visibility. Keep the title concise yet informative, adhering to Amazon’s 200-character limit.
You have up to 1,000 characters for the bullet points section. Use this space to insert your secondary keywords while explaining your product’s top features. Avoid keyword stuffing.
You can use up to 2,000 characters for the product description. If you’re registered with Amazon’s Brand Registry, you can use enhanced content and up to 5,000 characters.
Measuring Success: KPIs to Watch
It’s vital to not only implement a strong keyword strategy but also to track its effectiveness over time. This requires monitoring a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which act as your keyword performance’s pulse check. Here are some KPIs to keep an eye on:
One of the most direct measures of your keyword strategy’s efficacy is where your product appears in Amazon’s organic search results. Higher rankings indicate better visibility, which in turn increases the chances of clicks and sales. Monitor how your product ranks for your chosen keywords over time, and adjust your strategy as needed.
Click-Through Rates (CTR)
CTR measures the percentage of users who click on your product listing after seeing it in search results. A low CTR might indicate that while your keywords are getting you visibility, your listing might not be appealing enough to prompt clicks. High-quality images, compelling product titles, and customer reviews all contribute to a higher CTR.
Clicks are only half the story; what matters at the end of the day is how many of those clicks convert to sales. Conversion rates offer a direct indication of how compelling your product and its listing are to potential customers. If you’re getting clicks but not conversions, consider tweaking your product description or other elements of your listing.
Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS)
If you’re utilizing Amazon PPC campaigns to complement your organic keyword strategy, ROAS can give you a comprehensive view of how well your advertising dollars are being spent. This metric is the ratio of revenue generated through ads to the amount spent on those ads. A higher ROAS is usually a good indicator that your keywords are well-chosen and effective.
Ready to boost your Amazon sales and increase your ROI?
Contact Search Nurture for top-notch Amazon optimization services.
Legal and Ethical Considerations
When formulating your keyword strategy, it’s essential to steer clear of potential legal pitfalls. Here are some guidelines:
Trademark and Copyright Infringement
Using another brand’s trademark or copyrighted terms in your keywords can result in legal repercussions and the removal of your Amazon listing. This practice not only violates Amazon’s policies but can also put you at risk for legal action from the trademark owner.
Amazon has a strict set of guidelines that dictate what can and cannot be included in your listing. Familiarize yourself with these rules to ensure that you’re not inadvertently violating any terms. For example, Amazon prohibits the use of false claims or misleading information, which extends to keyword usage.
While it may be tempting to include as many keywords as possible in your listing, excessive use of irrelevant or repetitive keywords—commonly known as “keyword stuffing”—is against Amazon’s policies. This can lead to your listing being suppressed or even removed.
It’s essential to maintain an ethical approach to keyword usage. Using misleading keywords that may drive traffic but are irrelevant to your product can harm your brand reputation in the long run. Be honest and transparent in your keyword choices, ensuring they truly represent the product you’re selling.
Time to Take Action
Effective keyword research is vital for Amazon SEO success. The Frankenstein tool from Helium 10 streamlines this process, helping sellers to identify and optimize keywords that can drive traffic and increase sales. By keeping abreast of keyword trends and regularly updating your listings, you can maintain a competitive edge in the ever-changing Amazon marketplace.
Unlock the full potential of your business with Helium 10
Start your Amazon seller journey with the most in-depth and detailed keyword research tool