Whether you’re selling just one or multiple products, being an Amazon seller is incredibly lucrative. However, you must understand the sales process to maximize your revenue.
Once Amazon began to release data to its sellers, a lot of different kinds of software came out that were designed to automate the interpretive process.
AMZScout is one of these Amazon seller tools, and it helped change how e-commerce sales are conducted.
As an Amazon seller, you may be wondering how AMZScout can help your business thrive. Is this software worth it? What are its pros and cons? What other tools are available?
In this AMZScout review, we’ll offer you everything you need to know about how it works. This way, you can decide for yourself if AMZScout is a wise investment for your Amazon seller business.
What Is AMZ Scout?
AMZ Scout is a type of research software that’s designed to help Amazon sellers find profitable products to sell. The tool allows you to analyze certain niches and gain access to comprehensive information about competitors and demand.
Its goals are to help struggling sellers:
- Understand how the Amazon market works
- Grow a sustainable income
- Minimize the risks associated with product launches
Keep in mind that while AMZ Scout is a valuable resource, it cannot guarantee success for Amazon sellers. It analyzes past trends and data and offers it up for sellers’ review and analysis.
What Are the Different Ways to Use AMZ Scout?
There are actually two different ways to use AMZ Scout:
- The first way is to download it as a Chrome extension. This is a convenient plug-in that you can download right into Google Chrome. It only requires three mouse clicks and takes under one minute to install. Once you install the extension, you can use it while browsing Amazon. Simply click the AMZ Scout icon to enable the extension. It will pull in data based on the Amazon products you’re looking at.
- The second way is to use AMZ Scout is as a web application. It can be accessed through the brand’s official website. Some sellers don’t use Google Chrome or just prefer other web browsers, so they opt for the web app over the Chrome extension. You can use the AMZScout web app on any browser including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
The Four Tools of the AMZ Scout Web App
So, what’s AMZ Scout all about? When you log onto the web app, you will have access to four beneficial tools. Check out what they are and how they work below:
1) The Product Database
The Product Database is a very straightforward tool that’s ideal for precise market research.
As a new Amazon seller, you shouldn’t select just any products to start selling and hope you can make a positive return. You need to decide on products that will be profitable for your company in the long run.
To use the Product Database, you can start by selecting your business’s market and product category that you’re interested in. If you have a specific keyword in mind, you can type it in at this stage. This extra step will produce narrower results and help you better find what you’re looking for. However, you do not have to type in a keyword into the tool at this point. If you choose to not insert a keyword, you will be met with more varied search results, which can be helpful if you need a broader starting point.
Once you have entered the relevant information, you can proceed to the next page by clicking “Find Products.” This will lead you to a page containing all of the results that meet the criteria you provided.
Every search will reward you with photos, details, and related products. You can look through this information to determine the costs of selling certain products and the expected revenue. From there, you can set up additional filters to rule out products that:
- Do not have a good profit margin
- Are too costly to start selling given your business’s current state
- Are too competitive
Not only will you see the results for the criteria you entered, but you will also be able to view some additional data. With just one click, you can view some additional data like the product history and fees associated with selling certain products.
2) The Keyword Explorer
The Keyword Explorer is one of AMZScout’s most important tools. It doesn’t differ greatly from other keyword research tools, but it’s essential to both an amateur and a veteran seller’s success on Amazon.
You can use the Keyword Explorer to perform keyword research through one of two ways.
- Find keywords that are related to your listing: You’ll want to implement this method if you already have a listing on Amazon. Simply use the tool to find keywords that have a high search volume. Once you determine the words that people are searching for frequently, you can incorporate them into your listing’s title and description. This tactic will help you be more visible to people who are actively looking for your products.
- Find product niches that are in high demand: If you haven’t already decided on a product and don’t know where to start, consider using the Keyword Explorer to find a popular product niche. Start by entering a short product phrase that interests you such as “dog collar.” Your entry will produce a list of related keywords. Depending on the current market, you may be able to find a more specific product. Your search may inform you that “dog bark control collars” are in high demand. So, you can alter your business’s product offering so you can sell a more in-demand product. Once you generate your list, you can export it to Excel to review at a later time.
3) The Product Tracker
The Product Tracker is the place where you keep all of the products you plan to sell in the future. It acts as a vault for any and all product ideas. Feel free to put all potential product ideas into this section, and then visit them at a later time for further review and analysis.
When you use the extension, you can track your products directly and hit the save button when you see one of interest to you. Once you hit the save button for a specific product, it will automatically be added to the tracker list.
When you’re inside the Product Tracker, you can click on the “Access” button to view relevant sales data and trends.
4) Product Keywords
When you use the Product Keywords tool, you simply type in any product ASIN into the search bar. Upon hitting “Enter,” you will be able to view a list of keywords that the product is ranked for. This research tool can help you decide how to word your product descriptions and titles.
How to Use the PRO Extension
In the “What Are the Different Ways to Use AMZ Scout?” section, we discussed that the AMZ Scout Chrome extension is one way to use AMZScout. Here, we’ll review its layout and how to take advantage of it.
You can use the extension while browsing Amazon. Whenever you click on a page, you will be rewarded with numerous results about a certain Amazon product. This data is presented in multiple columns. Any search that you put in (and across most markets) will generate accurate results.
When you click on any of the results, you will have the following options available:
- View the Product History Graph
- Use the Profit Calculator
- Find on Alibaba
- Add the product to the Web App Product Tracker
Because you will likely get a lot of search results, all of these options will help you better organize your findings.
One of the best parts about the PRO Extension is the colored “grade” that each product receives. Each product is assigned a number between 1 and 10 that can help you gauge how profitable a product will be. This grade will give you insight into:
- Whether you will generate enough profit with this product
- If you need to get more reviews to get sales
- The overall quality of your listing
- Whether there is a big revenue opportunity
The product grade will average out all of these factors to give you an overall score. You’ll be able to see each product’s score and color (red, yellow, or green), so you’ll have a quick overview of each product’s potential.
What Are Some Other Essential AMZ Scout Tools?
Some additional AMZ Scout tools include the Sales Estimator and FBA Calculator. The Sales Estimator offers an estimate of a product’s monthly sales, while the FBA Calculator provides you with the fees associated with selling Amazon products.
These are two free tools that anyone can use even without an AMZ Scout subscription. However, they complement the paid AMZScout subscription packages nicely.
How Much Does AMZ Scout Cost?
AMZ Scout will cost your Amazon business some money every month, but it’s priced very reasonably.
You can opt for one of two packages: the PRO Extension or the Amazon Seller’s Bundle. You can pay for either one of these AMZScout packages on a monthly or yearly basis.
To get the most savings possible, your business should consider signing up for an annual AMZScout membership. When you sign up for an annual membership, the plans will be priced as follows:
- PRO Extension: $179 per year (you can think about it in terms of $14.90/month)
- Amazon Seller’s Bundle: $299 per year (you can think about it in terms of $24.90/month)
The latter AMZ Scout plan is much more popular among sellers, as it comes with a lot of additional features for only $10 more per month.
While you can pay on a month-by-month basis, we do not recommend going this route. It will cost your Amazon business a lot of money in the long run. For example, the PRO Extension plan costs a whopping $44.99 for an individual month.
All AMZ Scout memberships come with a 10-day money-back guarantee. This refund period is a little shorter than some other Amazon seller tools that offer 14-day or even 30-day money-back guarantees. To ensure you aren’t stuck with something your business won’t find useful, make sure you:
- Take advantage of AMZ Scout’s free trial beforehand
- Determine if you want to continue with your subscription within the 10-day money-back period
Are There Free Versions of AMZ Scout?
There are no free versions of AMZ Scout. However, you can sign up for a free trial. The free trial will let you perform 15 searches on the PRO Extension at no cost.
For the AMZScout web app, you can perform 20 free searches for the Keyword Explorer and Product Database and 3 free searches for Product Tracking.
To gain access to the free trial, you do not have to provide a credit card or any other kind of payment information. You only have to enter your email address. You also do not have to worry about canceling the trial. It will expire on its own.
Even though you can’t use all of AMZ Scout’s features for free, its website does offer a free tool. It’s called the Amazon Sales Estimator, and it gives you insight into what the rest of AMZ Scout has available. Simply enter your country, product category, and sales rank to get an estimate of how many sales you’ll make per month. As basic as this research tool may seem, it helps businesses choose which products to sell and which ones to skip.
How Does Amazon Jungle Scout Relate to AMZScout?
Amazon Jungle Scout is another seller tool that’s used by a lot of business owners. Jungle Scout is the more established tool, and it has more extensive features depending on the plan you select. However, AMZ Scout can still provide beginner and advanced sellers with a way to learn more about their businesses.
Jungle Scout does have an economical option for businesses that are just starting out. It offers an affordable $19.99/month plan, but this plan comes with very limited features.
If you’re considering buying Jungle Scout, the only plan that’s worth your investment is the Suite plan, which will cost your business $49 per month. Even though this plan offers more features, it may not be a cost-effective option for a business that’s just launching.
In the grand scheme of things, Jungle Scout and AMZScout offer a lot of the same capabilities. However, AMZ Scout is often viewed as a more economical option. Its most expensive plan is only $24.99/month, while Jungle Scout can get as expensive as $84 per month.
Just like with AMZScout, you can’t use Jungle Scout free other than through the initial trial. However, there are some free Jungle Scout resources that sellers can use to establish successful FBA businesses.
Other Good Alternatives To AMZ Scout
AMZ Scout Pros & Cons
Even after reading the above AMZ Scout review, are you still unsure if it’s the right tool for your business? Here is a quick overview of its pros and cons that you can use to make your decision:
- It’s reasonably-priced
- It contains everything that an advanced seller needs to increase sales
- It provides mostly-accurate data
- It’s trusted by many successful Amazon sellers
- The paid plans are cost-effective
- It has some free tools (as does Jungle Scout for free)
- The “Find on Alibaba” button does not always generate the most accurate results
- The amount of information on the AMZ Scout Chrome extension may overwhelm novice sellers
- The Keyword Explorer can take a while to load results
The Best on The Market
No two Amazon seller tools are created the same. They all have their unique advantages depending on a shop’s niche, size, and how it conducts business. AMZ Scout is one of the best tools for keyword research and Amazon product tracking. It’s easy-to-use for those who are just starting out, but advanced sellers can also benefit from the AMZ Scout features. Hopefully, this review has helped you decide if AMZ Scout is worth it for your Amazon business!