If you’re an Amazon seller looking to make money, chances are you’ve already heard about some of the different courses available for Amazon FBA. One of the most popular of these courses is Kevin King’s Freedom Ticket course, a comprehensive training course on how to build a successful business on Amazon.
Kevin King brings decades of experience to his online course, helping Amazon sellers around the world make the most of their Amazon business.
In this 2021 Freedom Ticket Review, we’re diving into everything the course has to offer so you can evaluate if the Freedom Ticket course is right for you. Our Freedom Ticket Review will cover who Kevin King is, his best advice to new Amazon FBA sellers, and an in-depth look at everything you’ll find in the eight-week course. We’ll also touch on some of the most popular Amazon courses to consider as an alternative if the Freedom Ticket course isn’t right for you.
What is the Freedom Ticket Amazon FBA Course?
Freedom Ticket is now a part of the Helium 10 family of products and services and is available either as a standalone course or free with Helium 10 membership. For the purposes of this Freedom Ticket review, we’re going to focus on it as a part of the Helium 10 family as that’s the most affordable way to access this and a variety of other tools.
Kevin King’s Freedom Ticket course is arguably the most comprehensive Amazon FBA business training you can find on the internet. It’s a hands-on guide to sell on Amazon, going through every step of the process to make money as an Amazon seller. Kevin King keeps things transparent, teaching candidly about the realities of managing an online Amazon business.
In the Freedom Ticket Course, King offers a comprehensive e-commerce education, offering one-on-one training and sharing his proven A-Z private label strategy. He doesn’t leave any trick, tip, or hack out, making sure to give everyone taking his training a complete roadmap of how and when to implement the best strategies for success.
In addition to his Amazon course, those who access it through Helium 10 can also use the full suite of Helium 10 tools, which are resources for things like product research, SEO, fraud protection, refunds, and inventory management.
The Freedom Ticket course is right for you if you’re interested in product sourcing and selling on Amazon to make some extra money, or even as your new career. Kevin’s Freedom Ticket Course includes challenges, tips, and solutions to overcome roadblocks so you can create a flourishing Amazon private label business in the shortest time span.
It covers a wide variety of topics, including:
- sponsored ads
- choosing the best product
- how to source products and what sourcing mistakes to avoid
- competing with established brands
- creating high-converting listings
- using brand analytics
- setting up PPC campaigns
There’s so much more that the Freedom Ticket course covers, and we’ll dive more into that later on.
Who is Kevin King?
Kevin King is the creator of the course Freedom Ticket for Amazon FBA Business. Kevin has been selling products online for decades now, getting an early start with eBay back in 1995. Since his eBay days, Kevin has grown into a profitable, successful e-commerce entrepreneur and has now decided to pay it forward to the next generation of e-comm giants by offering this Amazon FBA seller training.
Kevin King has sold hundreds of types of products on Amazon just since 2015 alone, which has provided him with millions in total revenue. Of course, Kevin King is knowledgeable, but his ability to break own what can often be complex ideas into digestible, candid advice positions him as one of the world’s leading experts in Amazon selling and his course just proves that.
Kevin’s Tips for New Amazon Sellers in the Freedom Ticket Course
Outside of the training course Kevin King developed, he’s also been kind enough to share additional tips especially for beginners looking to sell on Amazon. Here’s what this additional training has to offer:
- King recommends that beginners invest in the necessary tools like Helium 10 to ensure you’re working with the right product, a crucial aspect of the entire business
- When it comes to vetting suppliers as an Amazon seller, Kevin recommends ordering samples from 3-5 different suppliers to make sure you’re selling the highest-quality product at prices that are still reasonable.
- He says to go private, not selling Amazon-branded products.
- He recommends starting when you have enough capital to purchase the supplies right off the bat
- He believes that tools cannot be underestimated, and recommends the additional resources available to Helium 10 members.
A Look Inside the Course: Kevin King’s Freedom Ticket
Inside this Amazon FBA business training course, you’ll find 8 weeks of training course content on how to develop your own private label and start selling on Amazon. You’ll start off with the basics in week one and work your way up to using PPC ads and creating the perfect listing and sell on Amazon by week eight.
If you have a Helium 10 membership, you’ll also have access to a number of tools that go hand in hand with the strategy provided in Kevin’s course.
Week 1 – Introduction
In course week 1 of Freedom Ticket, Kevin will review the basics of Amazon selling. In Module 1 and 2, he’ll welcome you to the Freedom Ticket Training and show you the incredible opportunity and potential to make money on Amazon. Then, in Module 3, he takes a zoomed-out approach to the course, sharing everything you can expect to learn within your eight weeks of training.
Week 2 – Amazon Business Basics
Once you make it into the second week of the training course, you’ll start diving into the actual work of Freedom Ticket. You’ll work Module 4 through Module 9, going over everything from the basic business requirements to how much money needed to really get started and be successful right off the bat.
Here’s the breakdown of what you’ll learn in this week of the course:
- Module 4 – The Basic Requirements of an Amazon Business and Moving Money Between Countries
- Module 5 – Ways to Sell on Amazon
- Module 6 – Seller Central Walkthrough
- Module 7 – Amazon Glossary of Essential Terms
- Module 8 – How Much Money You Need
- Module 9 – What You Can Expect When Starting
Week 3 – Branding, Money & Millions
In week 3, you start getting into the nitty-gritty of branding your Amazon business, how you’ll make money, and how to manage your cash flow. This week of Freedom Ticket consists of eight modules, and by the time you’re done, you’ll know just how you can position your business to attract loyal customers and keep a steady flow of cash coming in.
- Module 10 – What a $5k Investment Can Do
- Module 11 – Branding your Amazon Business
- Module 12 – Building a Loyalty Ladder
- Module 13 – Cash Flow
- Module 14 – Getting Category Approval
- Module 15 – What it Costs the Seller
- Module 16 – Cashflow revisited
Week 4 – Choosing a Successful Product
Week 4 of the Freedom Ticket course dives into the art of choosing a successful product to sell. Many sellers have trouble finding the right product in the first place, which makes the process of trying to earn money off the products harder than it needs to be. It’s a long week with nine different modules to move through, but the review is something you’ll need to run a successful business.
- Module 18 – Getting Used to Helium 10 Tools
- Module 19 – Where to Find Inspiration for Products
- Module 20 – How to Perform Keyword Research and Find Products Through That
- Module 21 – Evaluating Your Products (Spreadsheet Included)
- Module 22 – Choosing the Right Product to Sell
- Module 23 – Learning the Freedom Ticket Product Test
- Module 24 – Competition Research and Reviews
- Module 25 – Utilizing the Chinese Way of Thinking When Selecting a Product
Week 5 – Suppliers, Orders, Shipping
Week five is the longest of the eight weeks in the Freedom Ticket course, taking a granular training approach to suppliers, orders, and shipping. We’ll spare you the module breakdown for this one as it includes twelve modules (Module 26 through Module 38.6) with several of them containing sub-modules, making nineteen total lessons in the week.
You’ll come out of week five of the Freedom Ticket Amazon course feeling confident in your ability to source products, find a high-quality Chinese factory that won’t rip you off, order the right amount, and create legally enforceable Chinese purchase orders.
King will review the best ways to ship products, how to deal with the most common shipping problems, verifying a fair price from your seller, and when to use the different shipment modes. Kevin King will also review the rookie mistakes in sourcing and shipping so that you can order and send your products seamlessly.
Week 6 – How to Compete and Win Big
Beating out the competition is a crucial component to winning big with Amazon. In this week of the Freedom Ticket Amazon course, you’ll learn how to run your business in a way that will put you on top and keep you there, from using competitor review to your advantage to avoiding prohibited activities.
This week of the course contains eleven modules, from 39 to 48.
- Module 39 – Registering Your Brand and Brand Gating
- Module 39.1 – Understanding Patents and Trademarks
- Module 40 – How to Become a Great Seller (Tips)
- Module 41 – Prohibited Activities to Avoid
- Module 42 – Sales Stopped Checklist
- Module 43 – Key Ranking Factors to Win on Amazon
- Module 44 – Breaking Down a Good Product listing
- Module 45 – Using Every Competitor Review to Your Advantage
- Module 46 – How to Get Discovered By Amazon Shoppers
- Module 47 – The Keys to Making Sales With Your Amazon Business
- Module 48 – Everything You Need to Know About the A9 Search Engine
Week 7 – How to Create High Converting Listings
Week seven in the Freedom Ticket course is all about listing optimization and how you can create listings that convert and put money in your pocket. It’s a much shorter week in terms of modules, offering a small break from the previous two module-heavy weeks.
- Module 49 – Intro to Listings
- Module 50 – How to Write a Killer Title
- Module 51 – Writing Descriptions and Product Bullet Points
- Module 52 – Backend Keywords
- Module 53 – Using Images That Convert
- Module 53.1 – Testing and Producing Images
- Module 54 – Bringin Your Product Listing to Life
Week 8 – Ranking, Advertising, Promotions
The last and final week of the course is when anyone taking the Freedom Ticket Amazon course puts together everything you’ve learned to start advertising for their products and make money through their Amazon business immediately. This week contains the last of the modules, from Module 55 all the way up to Module 66.
Without going into the details of every single module, we can tell you that you’ll learn how to use your brand analytics, set up coupons, discounts, and PPC campaigns. King walks you through a launch and how to land on the first page of results as well as how to manage a PPC campaign from end to end.
Then, he wraps it all up with one final module to go over everything you’ve learned so far.
As you can see, you’ll have access to a full 8 weeks of course content that will enrich your Amazon business and set you up for success as much as any course can. In addition to the weekly modules, however, course students also get access to a ton of additional resources that cannot be downplayed. If you want to be a top-tier seller on Amazon, in addition to this fabulous course, you’ll also get access to:
- A weekly newsletter by Kevin King with strategies and tips to build your online business
- Review slides for each module so you can download and follow along with ease
- Access to private Freedom Ticket Facebook group with training for social media and how to expand your business’ reach
- Weekly group Q& A with Kevin King himself to ask any burning questions you have as you set up your Amazon business
- Written notes to help you pass the assessment at the end
- Spreadsheets and templates like analysis sheets, and spreadsheets, profit estimates
- Handouts covering popular topics like common mistakes to avoid
Freedom Ticket Free With Helium 10
Want to get in on Freedom Ticket? There are two different ways to get it, as we mentioned earlier. The first option is to get your Freedom Ticket access on its own for a payment of $997 or three monthly payments of $397 each. This is standalone access to the course with nothing else in addition.
The other way to access Freedom Ticket is through a Helium 10 subscription. Helium 10 is available at multiple levels, including the Starter plan, the Helium 10 Platinum plan, the Diamond Plan, the Enterprise Plan, and the Elite plan, and every plan includes Freedom Ticket for free.
If you want to take advantage of all the seller tools available on Helium 10 like product research tools, a beginner’s PPC course, and a trusted partner directory, your best bet is to sign up for a Helium 10 plan that fits your needs so you can get free access to Freedom Ticket Amazon course.
All Freedom Ticket/Helium 10 packages include free access to Freedom Ticket in addition to the entire suite of tools that every Helium 10 member gets. Plus, if you really want to get your course for free, you can find a deal on the Freedom Ticket website that offers 50% off your first month of Helium Platinum 10 at a cost of just $48.50 per month. After that, you’ll pay just $97 per month.
Even if you only held onto your Helium 10 membership for the two months it takes to complete the 8-week course, that would still be a major savings compared to the standalone price for Freedom Ticket.
Plus, you’ll get everything in Freedom Ticket for free!
There are tons of pros to choosing this course as your primary Amazon selling education:
- Course is available free for Helium 10 members
- Money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with the course
- Eight weeks full of detailed instructions from a 7-figure Amazon seller
- Real computer walkthroughs
- Three weeks of live Q&A calls with the creator to grow your online business
- Access to resources for product research, inventory management, PPC advertising, and more through Helium 10
To be fair, we need to also consider the cons of signing up for one of these courses.
- Standalone cost is pricey
- Does not guarantee any specific business results
Freedom Ticket Student Reviews
You can learn a lot about the different Amazon courses by reading each and every review by past students. Okay, maybe you don’t need t read every review, but by browsing at lest some of them, you’ll get a good idea of what they took from the course and whether they’d recommend it to others.
For this Freedom Ticket review, we checked out many of the reviews from past students of Kevin’s courses. Overall, the students had nothing but good things to say about their experience working with Kevin through the course.
Some students reported doubling their Amazon revenue just a few months after completing the training, and others say that this one stands out as a course that is worth the money in the long run. Other students praise Kevin as an “anti-guru,” offering candid advice that others might shy away from in order to give sellers a clear idea of what to expect — the good, the bad, and the ugly.
There are many different Amazon courses available today that might be good alternatives if you’re not sure whether Freedom Ticket is quite right for you. Others include Jungle Scout’s training courses, Private Label Masters by Tim Sanders, and Myles Dunphy’s Freedom Accelerator.
While every course brings something slightly different to the table, they all try to offer students everything they’d need to become a successful seller. Some may give the benefit of a shorter time frame, while others are longer and more in-depth for the seller who has time to spare.
Overall, the best of these courses will rely on someone with years of experience and a proven track record of success. Knowing the instructor has done it themselves instills more confidence while learning.
What if I’m not happy with my experience using Freedom ticket?
If you’re not happy with your experience, you can simply ask for a refund. As long as it’s within 30 days of your course purchase (note: the course is 8 weeks, so you can’t complete the course in its entirety and then request a refund), you’ll get your money back guarantee.
Who is Kevin King?
Kevin is a serial entrepreneur and successful Amazon seller and trainer, helping other sellers follow in his footsteps through his robust training course.
Is Freedom Ticket free?
Freedom Ticket is free for those who have a paid membership to Helium 10. If you do not have a Helium 10 membership, you will need to pay the standalone cost for the course, which is $997.
To close out this Freedom Ticket review, we want to remind you that this course was designed for anyone — especially amateurs – who want to become a successful Amazon seller.
If you already have a Helium 10 subscription, you can access the course today for free through your paid membership plan. If not, it’s available either as a part of your new Helium 10 membership or as standalone training. The choice is yours.
If you want to overcome the common challenges that new FBA sellers often encounter and set your Amazon business up for success, consider taking Freedom Ticket by Kevin King for an in-depth review of the entire process, from getting started to launching your first successful products and PPC campaign.