Using videos as marketing tools makes sense because they tend to convey the message better to the audience.
Statistics show that viewers who watch videos of products tend to retain as much of the message as possible instead of text or image adverts.
As a seller on Amazon, you need to get your products to customers in a creative manner.
Sponsored Brands Videos are a very creative way of getting your brand message across, especially as the massive competition makes it an arduous task to get your message across effectively.
Of course, a video will get your attention better and faster than texts or pictures. That’s the essence of sponsored brands’ video ads.
That’s why product videos will always dominate several sections of searches on Amazon.
You can use this video feature to reach more customers and deliver your brand’s message to a significant effect.
We have packaged this article for you if you want to know how to use sponsored brands’ videos for marketing your products.
We’ll look at what a sponsored brand video is, how you can use them to improve sales and how to structure them effectively. We’ll also look at on-screen guidelines.
What is a Sponsored Brand Video?
A simple definition of Sponsored Brands video would be:
A visual ad format that displays on the search results and product details pages of Amazon, and is used to promote products and increase sales.
Introduced early in 2020, sponsored brand videos are a type of promotion available for sellers in the brand registry program, used to distinguish sellers from the competition easily.
They are a form of PPC advertising and are similar in operation to Sponsored Product Ads and Sponsored Displays. Sponsored Brands videos on Amazon fall under the Sponsored Brands category.
Sponsored brand videos are different from sponsored product ads which are more organic in how they appear, and they are always conspicuous on the results page so that customers can’t miss them.
Moreover, these videos autoplay, so with very well-packaged content, you can provide information that will influence the buyer more than any other campaign type would.
Buyers won’t have to click on them to watch a presentation. However, although they play by default, the user must tap the mute toggle to activate the sound.
Sponsored brand videos have a two-part display, and just beside the video are details of the product’s title, main image, price, shipping information, and reviews.
The most prominent results are always sponsored when customers carry out Amazon searches.
For example, sponsored brand ads are famous, after which are Sponsored Product ads, organic search results, and sponsored brands’ video ads.
Video ads can influence buyers more than other types because of their content.
Sponsored brand videos are short video ads that appear in desktop and mobile shopping results on Amazon.
They include three critical main components: product details, an auto-play video, and a mute toggle button.
Product details are the primary product image and all the product information that is needed from the detail page. The video auto-plays once, and up to half of it is displayed on the screen.
The mute toggle button enables sound since the video auto-plays without it. The mute toggle won’t be displayed if the sponsored brand video is silent.
How Can Sponsored Brand Video Help my Sales?
According to data available from Amazon, brands that adopted sponsored brands’ videos for the first time saw a 21% sales increase the next month compared to those that didn’t.
Adding sponsored brand videos to sponsored campaigns on Amazon is a strategy known to have resulted in at least a 25% increase in the click-through rate in the long term.
More than 58% of brands in the United States show that videos have increased their return on investment more than any other ad category. As research has shown, video ads are also great in reaching many more customers.
More than half of all brands that use sponsored video brands say it is responsible for their most significant return on ad spend. Most brands increase rather than reduce their spending on video ads because of their effectiveness.
In another survey, 95% of video marketers believe video ads have helped users understand their products better.
Up to 84% of users say a sponsored brand video has influenced their conviction to purchase a product. Even customers have attested to the ability of videos to sway them to buy a product.
So, your brands have a more significant influence when they are promoted via sponsored videos for buyers on Amazon.
Sponsored Brands Video is exceptional in generating great awareness, interaction, and product promotion for all categories of products.
What makes it the most cost-effective is that it is a cost-per-click (CPC) ad, so it can be used to evaluate the ROAS effectively. Data suggests the return on ad spend for sponsored brands’ videos is relatively high.
How to Structure Sponsored Brand Video
According to Amazon, there’s a way to structure your sponsored brand videos. There are so many rejected videos, and we will see why in a moment.
However, here is how to make your videos more effective:
- Tailor your videos to your audience: You should know the specific audience you target with your videos and structure the videos to meet their taste.
- Focus on the product: Your content should focus on the product and have educational and demonstrative qualities.
- Keep it brief: The shorter, the better. According to Amazon guidelines, your videos should be between 6 and 45 seconds. The best videos are between 15-30 seconds. So without time for frivolities, limit your videos to the key points you want customers to know.
- Display your product: You should display your products in the video from the very first seconds. It would be best if you skipped all the fancy introductions. It’s a video, so limit texts and blank frames.
- Optimize the video: Although the user needs to click to hear any sound, the video autoplay is appropriate to optimize your video so that viewers can understand it perfectly, even without sound.
- Creating a looping video: Since the video ad automatically loops once it ends, you can create a seamless loop to engage the customers so that they can keep watching the ad.
Again, your videos should have three features.
They must be engaging, that is, viewers must find them compelling; be relevant, that is, should target specific customers and use relevant keywords; and be integrating, that is, the videos should be part of your overall marketing strategy.
Here are the video and audio specifications from Amazon
Video duration should be between 6 and 45 seconds, although the recommended duration shouldn’t be more than 30 seconds.
Amazon does not permit blank or black frames at the start or end of videos.
Here are other technical specifications as outlined by Amazon:
- Video dimensions should be 1920 x 1080px, 1280 x 720px or 3840 x 2160px
- File size: Video should be less than 500MB
- File format: Videos should be in MP4 or MOV format
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Video codec: H.264 or H.265
- Video profile: Main or Baseline
- Frame rate: 23.976fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 29.98fps, or 30fps
- Video bit rate: Minimum 1 Mbps
- Video scan type: Progressive
- Audio codec: PCM, AAC, or MP3
- Audio format: Stereo or mono
- Audio bit rate: Minimum 96 kbps
- Audio sample rate: Minimum 44.1khz
- Letterboxing or pillar boxing: Videos must not have black bars on any video content side.
Sponsored Brands videos can help you stand out and promote your products to customers who search for what to buy on Amazon.
These videos can link customers to product pages from where they can decide whether to purchase the product or not.
Because videos are known to have a greater reach than other types of ads, sponsored brand videos can be used to increase your sales on Amazon.