Are you aiming to maximize your profits on Amazon?
There are a ton of seller tools available to those who want to make money from Amazon today. You’ve likely seen similar review posts on things like Jungle Scout vs Viral Launch or other top contenders. Today, we’re going to take a closer look at two of the most popular options on the market: Helium 10 vs Viral Launch.
These are two powerful web app tools signed to help you identify and locate the most profitable products for your Amazon store.
Amazon offers a huge marketplace. As one of the top online retailers in the world, it’s in your best interests to optimize your selling strategies so you can make the most of Amazon’s vast consumer base.
Without further ado, let’s dive in to what Helium 10 vs Viral Launch has to offer.
Primary Differences: Helium 10 vs Viral Launch
Let’s get our bearings with both apps by hitting on some of the primary differences between the two.
- Helium 10 offers a free plan or 50% OFF with our coupon code, while Viral Launch only offers paid plan versions.
- Helium 10 offers Inventory Protector, a tool that keeps your products safe from coupon stackers and other black hat competitors. Viral Launch, on the other hand, doesn’t have a similar feature.
- Viral Launch offers a split-testing (A/B) tool that lets you optimize your listings by testing different versions. Helium 10 doesn’t offer any split-testing.
- Helium 10 provides a Refund Genie Tool, which helps you assess what you’re due in refunds by Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA). Viral Launch doesn’t offer any tools to help out with this.
Helium vs. Viral Launch – Get to Know the Platforms
With the primary differences in mind, let’s get to know each platform a little bit better.
Helium 10 vs. Viral Launch: All About Helium 10
Helium 10 provides a full suite of Amazon software tools for sellers who want to locate the best, most profitable product ideas for their Amazon store. In addition to all of the tools you could need to research and find the best products, it also offers help to optimize your product listings, tools to track your products, and resources to track down suppliers. It also can help you make sense of your profit reports and protect your interests against scammers looking to make a quick buck online.
Manny Coates started Helium 10 as an Amazon seller, looking to bridge the gap in the market for seller software. his goal was to create an app that helped sellers grow profitable businesses through Amazon. In creating Helium 10, Manny partnered with digital marketing expert Guillermo Puyol to create a special amazon listing tool to improve optimization. Since then, Coates and Puyol have continued growing their business software. They’ve added tools around keyword research, product research, optimization, index checker and product tracking.
Helium 10 Features
Some of the top features of Helium 10 include:
- Chrome extension
- Product research tool
- Reverse ASIN search
- Listing optimization
- Inventory protection
- Inventory reimbursement calculator
- Trend finder
- Seller training – Freedom ticket 3.0
- Keyword index checking
- Keyword tracker
- Product rank tracking
- Keyword research tool
- Email automation
- Financial analytics
- Listing monitoring
One of the first tools you’ll use in Helium10 is Black Box, the platform’s product finder and product research tool. Black Box will help you identify profitable products by searching through its database of over 450 million items. Within the database, you can filter your search by estimated monthly revenue, type of product, review ratings, and even number of images. This helps you track down exactly what it is you’re looking for within seconds.
In addition to Black Box, Helium 10 also offers a Chrome browser extension, known as Xray, which allows you to perform product research everyday as you browse through Amazon on a Chrome browser. Through your searching, the Xray plugin lets you validate potential opportunities by providing all pertinent information, like revenue estimates, price, sales trends, and more.
Helium 10 also includes an ASIN grabber and Cerebro a reverse ASIN search tool which makes it easy to quickly create targeted ads for your products. Then there’s the reveres ASIN search tool, Cerebro, which essentially helps you reverse engineer your top competitors’ keyword strategy.
This tool lets you extract the most valuable information from reviews and understand early customer pain points so you can solve them before it gets worse.
You’ll love what the Trendster tool can do for your Amazon business. Just sit back and let the tool help you visualize future trends so you can plan ahead for more profits. Trendster also lets you view the fluctuation of prices over a certain period of time so you can find the best moments to list a product.
As mentioned above, Scribbles is one of the primary features of Helium 10, created by Puyol and Coates. Scribbles allows you to optimize each and every section of your Amazon listing by checking for relevant keywords on the front end as well as the back. Additionally, it verifies the correct volume or keywords depending on how long your copy is.
The Refund Genie is a helpful tool for those fulfilling their orders through FBA. If you lose or sustain damages to your inventory through FBA, Refund Genie can quickly calculate these costs within seconds, saving you hours of time.
Helium 10’s Inventory Protector will keep your quantities in check by placing a maximum order quantity on your items so you can’t get wiped out in one swoop.
Helium 10 includes Follow Up, an email automation tool for any Amazon seller who wants to close the customer experience loop with thoughtful follow up messages after a purchase. Choose from Helium 10’s pre-made templates or make your own!
Here are the top benefits of the Helium 10 Amazon seller tools:
- Free plan available
- User-friendly tools that anyone can use, from novice to expert
- Accurate data that is easy to organize and make sense of product research.
- Chrome extension provides valuable insights while browsing Amazon
- Allows for competitor research
- A la carte plan allows you to pick your favorite features and only pay for what you use
- Help center allows you to submit support tickets and troubleshoot your own issues
One drawback of using Helium 10 is:
- Free plan limits usage on many of the features
In addition to the free plan, Helium 10 pricing comes in different tiers:
- Starter Plan: Gives you all the tools your need to get you Amazon FBA business started
- Helium 10 Platinum Plan: Amazon training plus unlimited use of Black Box, Refund Genie, Trendsetter, Inventory Protector, Cerebro, Scribbles, Magnet, Frankenstein, Profits, and Xray. 150 uses of Index Checker, 2,500 keywords tracked, 300 ASINs, and 5,000 automated emails per month.
- Helium 10 Diamond Plan: Everything from Platinum plus 300 uses of Index Checker, 600 ASINS, 5k keywords tracked, and 15,000 automated emails each month.
- Helium 10 Elite Plan: Includes everything from Platinum and Diamond plus 500 Index Checker uses, 10,000 ASINS, and 50,000 automated emails per month.
Which Other Tools Should Be Compared
- Helium 10 Vs Jungle Scout
- Helium 10 Vs Sellics
- Helium 10 Vs Merchant Words
- Jungle Scout Vs Viral Launch
- Jumpsend Vs Viral Launch
Helium 10 vs. Viral Launch: All About Viral Launch
Viral Launch is the second one of the Amazon seller tools we are reviewing today. Viral Launch comes with another full suite of seller tools that can help Amazon sellers like you launch their Amazon business and find success.
To date, Viral Launch has worked with thousands of popular Amazon brands and aided in over 17k product launches. Together, Viral Launch has helped create over $8 billion in sales for its Amazon sellers.
In addition to the tools and features Viral Launch offers, they also provide a robust collection of resources, like free e-books or online courses to help you think like the Amazon sellers and make the best money.
Viral Launch Features
The main features of Viral Launch include:
- Track top-performing products
- Validate product ideas with product research tool
- Keyword research tools
- Automate the keyword research process
- Create SEO-friendly product listings
- Analyze ASINs
- Market Intelligence
- Estimate sales
- Keyword tracking
- Viral Launch market intelligence with accurate data
- Track keyword rankings – hourly and daily
- Split test product listings
- Automate PPC, track data and insights
Product Discovery Tool
Viral Launch’s first useful tool is its product discovery tool, which helps you identify the best products in untapped markets. Search through the tool using unique combinations of filters to identify exactly what you’re looking for. You can even enter your ideal revenue metrics and search for products that will help you reach those goals. Whether you’re searching broadly or hyper-specifically, you can do both successfully with Viral Launch’s product research tool.
Viral Launch also uses marketing intelligence software to understand your product niche and the expected future sales. This information is helpful when you’re at the validation stage of product research, trying to ensure the product is worth your time and money to sell.
Once you’ve finished your product research and know which products you want to see, you can use Viral Launch’s keyword research tool to boost your SEO copy within your Amazon listings and perform better through search. You can even find hidden keywords that your competitors aren’t using so you can get a leg up in even narrow niches.
The keyword tools is the gift that keeps on giving within Viral Launch. You can also see which of the optimal keywords surrounding your product have the highest search volume with a lower amount of products with listings that rank highly. Additionally, the keyword research tool can also help you create optimized sponsored ads within minutes. Just view the bid cost information to better understand the competition for each individual keyword.
If competitor intelligence is something you care about, you’ll love the Competitor Intelligence tool from Viral Launch. This tool helps you get ahead of the competition by serving as a reverse ASIN finger, allowing you access to critical insights about how your competitors are performing. All you have to do is input a product ASIN, and you’ll immediately see a list of both high-performing and under-used keywords. Along with this, you’ll also see info around sales volume, sponsored ad ranks, price, and tracking indexation.
One of the most attractive features within Viral Launch is its Listing Dojo, a split testing tool. This resource allows Amazon sellers to split test their listings to optimize for the best performance. You can improve your title, price point, description, and images to put you in the best position for sales.
Another one of the best features from Viral Launch is Kinetic PPC, a Viral Launch tool designed to help you get the most from your pay-per-click campaigns. Through the tool, you can see just how your ads are performing, monitor any keywords used, tack changes, manage campaigns, and create any necessary automation.
The top benefits to using Viral Launch are:
- User-friendly software with simple dashboard
- Free split-testing
- Chrome extension
- Real-time PPC data tracking
- Amazon keyword research tools
- Product launch service
- Accurate sales estimates
- Top Amazon sellers keyword tools
- Free courses and other educational tools to improve Amazon sellers’ performance
- Product discovery tool identifies untapped, profitable niches and products
- Excellent customer service via email
The main drawbacks to Viral Launch are:
- There’s no free plan available for Viral Launch
- No customizable plans for Amazon sellers
Viral Launch is available at four different price points: Beginner, Pro, Brand Builder, and Kinetic.
- Beginner: At $50 per month, you can find product ideas, validate your own ideas, and track 3 products.
- Pro: At $83/month, you get everything from the Beginner plan plus keyword searching, keyword research automation, SEO listing copy, 50 ASIN listing analyses, 2,000 tracked keywords, and 30 tracked hourly keyword rankings.
- Brand Builder: This plan includes everything from the Pro plan, plus 100 tracked products, 100 ASIN listing analyses, 5,000 tracked keywords, and 100 tracked hourly keyword rankings.
- Kinetic: This includes everything the Brand Builder includes, plus 250 tracked products, more data/PPC insights, and automated PPC strategy.
Helium 10 vs. Viral Launch: Which One’s Better?
While both Amazon software options provide a full suite of product research and listing optimization tools, there’s only one that can come out on top. For this review, we’re dubbing Helium 10 our winner.
Why? Let’s break it down simply.
Helium 10 is an extremely powerful Amazon tool that can make your product research easier, guide you through the selling process, and protect you from inventory loss and damages. Additionally, it allows enough flexibility in its plans that anyone can afford it – simply choose the A la carte option and select your software tools from there.
If you want to get ahead with your Amazon business and you’re wondering how the top sites fare, like what Viral Launch vs Jungle Scout is all about, we have the answers you’re looking for. Helium 10 is our clear winner here.
Get started improving your Amazon business today with a Helium 10 free trial.